-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ben
Combee
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 2:50 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: WinRGBToIndex on Visor Prism

In article <81124@palm-dev-forum>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

> I'm having problems with WinRGBToIndex() on the Visor Prism.  Here's the
> report from the Emulator:
>
>     "Ultimate (1.0) just read from memory location 0x00000000,
>      which is in low memory..."
>
> When this happens it's on a call to WinRGBToIndex(). I think it must have
> do with direct color versus 8 bit color, but I'm not sure what the deal is
> beyond that. Maybe my form doesn't have a color table? From all the
> documentation it seems that they automatically create an 8 bit color table
> though. Has anyone else run into this? What am I doing wrong?

Mike McCollister was having the same problem a few months ago.  See
http://www.escribe.com/computing/pcpqa/m40643.html for his solution to
it.  It looks like a bug in Handspring's implementation of this call
when the added 16-bit support.
--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead