From: Kade P. Cole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 7:35 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Palm PDB Database Help

I am trying to write my first Palm application. I am having some trouble
with reading values from a PDB file I created from a database. I have 7
Fields and they are all character strings in the database. Every time I try
and read one I get a bad memory reference error.  I am getting the memory
address of the record into a MemHandle variable. Then I am setting the
memory reference = my struct for a database entry. My struct looks like
this:

typedef struct MLSDB
{
    Char* date;    /* Date of Game/Event */
    Char* away;    /* Away team name, 51 characters allowed */
    Char* home;    /* Home team name, 51 characters allowed */
    Char* time;    /* Time of Game/Event */
    Char* TV;    /* TV Station of Game, 51 characters allowed */
    Char* results;    /* Results of Game, 51 characters allowed */
    Char* attendence;    /* Attendence of Game, 51 characters allowed */
    } MLSDB;

The problem is that I can not figure out how to compute the StrLen or length
of the character strings in the database so I can initialize the struct
members to the correct sizes. Can anyone out there help me with this? Thanks
for your time. Please let me know if I need to post more info.

Thanks,

Kade P. Cole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]