Does anybody know if there's a way to run an application with the LCD
(display) turned off to conserve power?  I've heard that the LCD drains
a lot of power and the application I'm writing doesn't need any
interaction from the screen and may be up and running for a long period
of time.  I know there are procedure alarms that can be set that will
run library code without turning on the display (AlmSetProcAlarm) , but
the documentation seems to imply that you can't run a full-on
application as a callback to one of those alarms. Has anyone ever tried
this?  I would assume I have no globals available to me but I could
easily allocate those on the heap and pass a pointer to them around to
the various function in my app.  Any restrictions on running an event
loop within a ProcAlarm?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Schoen