Hi Aaron,

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, ThuNguyet Nguyen wrote:
> > I need know any manner of send a .PDB file to a Server via Socket. I tryed
> > File Streaming API, but this not work, Do you know other manner ?
> Have you tried Exchange manager? I use that for transfering files between
> Palm and PC. Exchange manager converts between the file format on PC and
> the database on Palm. I only use File Streaming as a very big buffer on Palm.

  this probably wouldn't help unless the PC understands the exchange manager.

  what needs to happen here is that the PDB needs to be "mirrored" piece by
  piece over a simple byte transmission (ie: ftp). on way to do this (as a
  hack) is to get the address of the pdb file and copy byte for byte, or,
  manually generate the .pdb file in a raw stream which is sent to the
  "receiving" client. :)

One way to "manually generate the .pdb file in a raw stream" would be taking the data
from
Exchange manager, is that right?

I use ExgDBWrite with the callback function to write the data to a file stream (as a
buffer), then
I use YModem to transfer the data to our device (removable hard drive when PC looks at
it)

For me, I think if we know what is in the database in Palm, then we can generate the
.pdb file.
Otherwise, I don't know what else I can do except using the exchange manager. Am I
missing
something? Could you explain it for me, please.

> > I need know any manner of send a .PDB file to a Server via Socket. I tryed
> > File Streaming API, but this not work, Do you know other manner ?
Does he mean that when the data is in a file stream, he can't use fpt to transfer to
PC?

Thanks a lot.

tnn