From: Young S. Cho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> I suspect memory allocation somewhere in the ZLib source may be
> the problem.  The smaller data sets decompress fine on both devices,
> but the larger (>16KB) causes problems on the 6035 and not the I300...

The 6035 has an exceptionally small dynamic heap compared to all the other
Palm OS devices I've worked with, so that may well be your problem.  But
zlib should return a proper error code rather than misbehaving, of course.
At any rate, you should be able to inflate large data in small chunks,
rather than using the  big 16KB buffer you mentioned originally.

Check out a little utility called "Memory Hog" to show exactly how much
dynamic heap is free on a Palm OS device.  It shows my 6035 has only about
150KB free compared to generally over 200KB on Palm-branded 8MB+ devices.  I
don't know if the new 7135 solves this problem, but I do know Kyocera got
plenty of negative feedback on this quite a while ago from at least one
important enterprise partner whose software didn't run very well on the 6035
because of it.

Memory Hog:
http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$28
http://www.quantumclockwork.net/memoryhog/index.html