Hi there,

> The problem is that the code below gives me a
>"Fatal Exception".  The problem that I am encountering is that this error is
>not consistant in any way.  Some times it will happen when I input a number
>once, other times it takes 20 or more tries to break it.

I suppose your function SetFieldText() is a good function. There are some similar
versions of this
function out there and I use one of them, with 4 parameters as you have, too. Plus you
said that
the error is not consistant, I think the error is somewhere else, not in the code you
post. That
happens to me before and usually, I write pass the memory of a string or st.

BTW, do you call SetFieldText() in frmOpenEvent, before FrmDrawForm() and call
FreeFieldText() in
frmCloseEvent?
I can send you the functions that I have.

If you comment out all the code about the text field(s), do you get the fatal error?

Can you try a very small program with just 1,2 text fields and try to input data,
retrieve data to
see if the error happens?

Hope that helps.

tnn