I also call the storage heap:

"Built-in Storage Memory"

so  when they ask why their XYZ only has 11 MB of memory,
I can say they have 11 MB of storage, the other 5 MB is like
the DRAM in your PC and is used by applications, the OS
(and graphics/video memory in some models), and not for
storage like their PC's hard disk.  Without that 5 MB, it
would be like trying to run a PC with no DRAM in it.
 <http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/palmfaq.txt>

Ron Nicholson
HotPaw Productions
 <http://www.hotpaw.com/rhn/palm>