-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben
Combee
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 7:26 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Path Seting fo PilRC

First, I just saw this message when doing a mail search.  I'm sorry I
missed it when it was originally posted.

At 13:30 2003-2-9 -0500, you wrote:
>  I used PilRc Designer to convert my rsrc file to an rcp file,
replaced same
>in a copy of my old project that I've converted to V9. It worked fine
with
>the Mac68 and PalmRez linkers, but, like a good boy, I'm trying to keep
up
>with the times and use the PalmOs linker. So, I made the conversion,
>replaced the resource file in my project with the .rcp, changed linkers
in
>the settigns panel, hit the Make button and got ....
>
>Warning : OS Error The parameter is incorrect.
>  (87)
>Project: VitalSignsR9.mcp, Target: VitalSigns, Source File:
VitalSignsr9.rcp

>Error   : Unable to call the command line tool.  Check your PATH
environment
>variable.
>Project: VitalSignsR9.mcp, Target: VitalSigns, Source File:
VitalSignsr9.rcp

>Error   : Compile failed
>Project: VitalSignsR9.mcp, Target: VitalSigns, Source File:
VitalSignsr9.rcp

>I downloaded the V9.1 patch and tried again with same effect. I'm on a
>Win2kPro box with  CW V9.1. Did I miss a step? I did look at  my PATh
>variable and it didn't mention any folders relating to CW - although
I'd
>expect the CW install to take care of that, if it was necessary. What
SHOULD
>my path variable include? (if that is indeed the way to get the pilrc
>compiler to launch..)

This shouldn't be a PATH problem.  The CWV9 PilRC command-line adapter
looks for a copy of PILRC.EXE in CW's bin/plugins/support/Palm_OS
folder.  If it can't find it, I would assume it would give this error.

I've only got one idea as to what could be happening; the total path to
that folder may be too long after adding in the location to your V9
installation directory.

If you're still out there, did you ever figure out what's happening?

BTW, if you see odd behavior like this, please let Metrowerks tech
support
know.  I can't monitor things all the time, but going through them
insures
that questions will be tracked, logged, and sent to the right people.
Our
TS people get paid to efficiently answer and route questions; I just do
this cause I like developers. :)

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead