-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] la part de Paul
Johnson
Envoyé : vendredi 25 juillet 2003 00:06
À : Palm Developer Forum
Objet : QUAKE - was Re: garmin PDA now shipping

I can't wait for the day when we get realtime (ok, once a month) updated
maps featuring all building locations - shops, houses etc., road dimensions,
position of every lamp-post etc.etc.  It's all there on various servers -
even down to the internal blueprints of all public and some private
buildings.

What a wicked game of quake you could make with maps like that!  Version 2
could use sattelite overhead imagery and smart painting tools to texture all
the outsides of stuff too!!

btw, GPS simulation on your desktop development machine is real easy to do.
Just ask "Please input lat/long coords" in the setup routine and your highly
imobile desktop clunker will give exact location information forever more :)

OK, tired and bored!  g'night.......... :)

Regards,
Paul Johnson
Applewood House
www.applewoodhouse.com