Dave,

Thank you for the advice.  I am having a real hard time dealing with
Memhandles and char*s.  Been awhile since i'm done C programming and never
played on a palm before.  Anyway, you have cleared things up quite a bit
with your advice, however, I am still not getting the list to load.

I have modified to the code to your suggestions as follows:
(maybe I misread the ... but who knows)

static char* gPlateString =
"PL3/16x\0PL1/4x\0PL5/16x\0PL3/8x\0PL1/2x\0PL5/8x\0";
static char** gListString;
MemHandle gStringH;

static Boolean PopulateList(void)
{
 FormType* frmP = FrmGetActiveForm();
 ListType* lstP = (ListType*) FrmGetObjectPtr(frmP, lstDesc);

 gStringH = SysFormPointerArrayToStrings(gPlateString, 6);
 gListString = (char**)MemHandleLock(gStringH);

 LstSetListChoices(lstP, gListString, 6);
 LstDrawList(lstP);
 MemHandleUnlock(gStringH);

 MemHandleFree(gStringH);

 return true;
}

Also I hate to be too much of a bother, if you have any links to some good
reading on the subject that might help me out as well.

tia,

Steve

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]