"Meg Walraed-Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hi,
> I'm still trying to find a way to temporarily turn off sounds (like those
> that happen when you press a button) during a small part of my app and
have
> posted 4 times with no luck...I know someone out there must have some good
> ideas?
> thanks all.

Did you try SndGetDefaultVolume and SndSetDefaultVolume?

ie.
void SndSetDefaultVolume (UInt16* alarmAmpP, UInt16* sysAmpP, UInt16*
defAmpP)

Parameters
<-> alarmAmpP Pointer to storage for alarm amplitude.

<-> sysAmpP Pointer to storage for system sound amplitude.

<-> defAmpP Pointer to storage for default amplitude.