I have bought a T|3 and started to implement support for one of our apps for
it.

I noticed that the PIN Manager is not available on the T|3 and that you need
to have the user install two extra files available from palmOne (
AppSlipRotate.prc and StatusBarLib.prc ) to be
able to use the PIN API and control the Dynamic Input Area.

I also noticed that the builtin applications - such as Memos and Kinoma -
can control the DIA without these files being installed on the T|3.

This suggests to me that their is an alternative way of controlling the
DIA -
likely via ARM code from a PNOlet.

Can someone from palmOne comment on whether an alternative way of
controlling the DIA on the T|3 will be made available? I would be happy to
sign any NDA required.

Having to deal with the support issues that will surely arise if T|3 users
are required to install two extra files to be able to use our apps is not
something that I look forward too.

TIA,

Jonatan Fernstad
clievideo.com