At 08:59 PM 10/23/2003, Jeff Diamond wrote:
My first project segment is naturally kept below 64K.
But all of a sudden, I started getting a waning in codewarrior - First Sement is greater than 64000 bytes, PalmRez warrning Output size is greater than 64K limit.

Not only was this not true, but when I examined the actual prc generated by CW, it had a CODE 1 segment that was 182KB in size! And it was this size regardless of what I do to the project - I can take everything out except the PalmOSRuntime_21_a5.lib and I still have this problem.

And sure enough - the project nolonger runs on devices or emulators.

What could have suddenly led CW to create a 182KB code segment?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - this is a very serious predicament.

This is really, really odd. Turn on the 68K Linker map output from the 68K linker panel and look at the output. Did you accidentally turn on the "link single segment" flag? Do you have a large data item with pcrelconstdata on?

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead