This is my routine
static void vwClientesDraw(MemHandle recHandle, RectanglePtr bounds,UInt16 puinRowSel,UInt16 puinRecIdSel) {
dCliente oClie;
Char strText[48]="";
Char strText1[48]="";
MemHandle hanRecord;

UnpackCliente(&oClie, MemHandleLock(recHandle));MemHandleUnlock(recHandle);

mid(oClie.nNUMDOC, 1, 8, strText);

WinDrawChars( "hi", 2, 82, 0);
WinDrawChars( strText, StrLen(strText), INICOLXPOS, bounds->topLeft.y);
.
.
.
}

According to your suggestion I hardcoded a string inside the routine
1. the string "hi" is being painted
2. but the content of strText, is not being painted cos the value of 'bounds->topLeft.y' is a negative value '-19350' (first row), It does not happen without Expanded Mode

The code never crash, just does not show anything

Andrés Ramírez