----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott D. Schmitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 2:02 PM
Subject: Treo 600 5-Way Navigation

> I have implemented 5-way navigation as per the PalmNavigator.h api.  It
> works great on Tungsten E etc., but this fails on Handspring 600.
>
> I took a look at the HsNavSample from Handspring and it looks like the
> char codes are different for this device,  They use
>
> Handspring Way:
> vchrRockerCenter 0x136
> vchrRockerUp 0x132
> vchrRockerDown 0x133
>
> Palm Way:
> Boolean rightPressed = NavKeyPressed(pEvent, Right);
> Boolean leftPressed = NavKeyPressed(pEvent, Left);
> Boolean selectPressed = NavKeyPressed(pEvent, Select);
>
> vchrPageUp 0x000B
>   vchrPageDown 0x000C
>
> Has anyone run into this?  Should I trap for handspring codes as well
> as Palm?  Should I do anything with masks etc?

I did get into this problem.

*Long version :
I did post a similar question around 3 weeks ago. Search the archive for the
replies. Later I also found the explanation about this in the Treo 600
Developer Guide ( version 1.0 ) on section System Extensions/5-way
Navigation and Keyboard/Navigation Events.

*Short version, the explanation is :
If the focus mode is off, the rocker key generates vchrPageUp and
vchrPageDown instead of vchrRockerUp and vchrRockerDown ( the rocker still
generates vchrRockerLeft, vchrRockerRight, and vchrRockerCenter when object
focus mode is off ).

HTH,

Vu