Palm bitmaps are usually stored as part of your PRC or in a resource
database.  The PilRC source code, which is available at
http://www.ardiri.com/index.php?redir=palm&cat=pilrc&subcat=download

Will show how assemble a PRC and how to do the Windows->Palm bitmap
translation.  The reverse processes are tedious but not overly
difficult.