----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Combee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: palm-dev-forum
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: Memory Semaphore timeout

> At 06:16 PM 3/30/2004, you wrote:
> >"The Memory Manager semaphore has been held for longer than 1 minute.
> >PalmSource recommends that applications not acquire the Memory Manager
> >semaphore at all, but that if they do, they should not hold the semaphore
> >any longer than that."
> >

> >I receiving this message on emulator, but i don't know what it mean. Doen
> >anybody can explain me what is "Semaphore Calls" and what should i do to
> >stop receiving this alert?
>
> This means that some system call you're making is keeping this semaphore
> too long.  This the the flag that turns on and off the memory protection
> the storage heap.  Some call in your app is holding on to this too long --
> perhaps memory is being reshuffled or there's a really long search
> routine.  I'm not sure.
>

> -- Ben Combee, senior DTS engineer, PalmSource, Inc.
>     Read "Combee on Palm OS" at http://palmos.combee.net/

I was searching on the net and found that the functions that turn memory
protection on and off are MemSemaphoreReserve and MemSemaphoreRelease, but i
never used these into my app...

These message appear while i'm waiting data from the server using
NetLibReceive. Can NetLibReceive be problem?

Thanks!!!