To save space, I would like to share a big set of fonts (a precedent set
I build were around 1.5Mb, and I expect the next to go up to 3-4Mb)
among many applications. Ideally I would like to end up with a separate
font database, but I could go with a "master" app.

All the font in the database have to be accessible at the same time. The
goal is to display multilingual text, thus my need of a huge font set.

I'm using PRC tools and Pilrc.
On the net I found some articles to share forms and strings, but it was
only for CodeWarrior.

So :
- How to build such database with my tools ?
- I would like a sample code showing how to use such db.

Since you just want to share the data, all you need to do is put the font resources into a single PRC. Then each app would open this font PRC read-only, and use regular DmGetResource calls to load the font resources.

As far as how to create the PRC from resources, I assume that it's easy to do this with PilRC, but I don't use it as a stand-alone tool.

If you wanted to compress the resource data to save space, then it might make sense to create a shared library, but that would be significantly more work. To start with I'd suggest just trying out the uncompressed font PRC approach.

Another alternative that might work is to leverage FontBucket.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.