Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response. Basically, the PS/2 Protocol is not that
difficult to handle. Just convert it into serial data and off you go! That
is done easily with a PIC MCU, costing less then 10 Bucks per Device!
However, it will only work inside of your app and not outside-unless you can
get me the keyboard communication protocol that is used for the Symbol
Keyboard!

Contact me if you wanna get in touch
Tam Hanna

John C wrote
Roger,

Thanks for your prompt response.

The first thing I tried was the Symbol keypad.  Alas, the keys (buttons
really) are too small and closly spaced to allow the salepersons to do the
rapid-fire data entry they're able to do on the Telxons.

Really need to attach a full size, 10-key, numeric keypad.

Any other suggestions?  Anyone?

John C. Christensen