Hello everybody,
I'm trying to dynamically create controls in a notification handler. I have an application that display a standard form, then broadcast a custom notification to tell all registered app to create their controls (like a plugins mecanism). I'm stuck because FrmNewLabel does not work (I don't know about other controls). It simply returns a NULL ptr and did not create the control.

If I use FrmNewLabel in the main application at the same moment I would broadcast my notification it works correctly. If I use it in the notification handler it does not work. The parameters are exactly the same, FrmValidatePtr tells me that the formPtr is ok...

All the form creation / handling is correct and all the notifications are correctly executed. Could it be something about "ownership" of the Form or memory blocks... i.e. Palm does not like having another application modifying a form created by another one?

Any ideas? Registering the notification with a procPtr instead of launch codes? (that would sucks... code chunks locking stuff...) Using another mecanism other than notifications to scan for my plugins?

Thanks
Jerome