From: "Adrien Regimbald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Unfortunately, there is no way around this for now. Perhaps PalmOne
> will issue a patch, but we don't have any news that one is coming as
> of yet. The minimum record size on the T5 is actually 512 bytes, which
(snip)
> physicalIndex = logicalIndex / logicalRecordsPerPhysical;
> physicalOffset = logicalRecordSize * (logicalIndex %
> logicalRecordsPerPhysical);
>
> Of course, it would be a good idea to put this functionality in a
> wrapper class of some sort, so that you have a new "logical family" of
> database functions to perform all of your physical <-> logical
> translation for you.

Which is exactly what Palm(One or Source) could do and release
open-source if they were serious about helping developers
overcome this problem.  For many apps I suspect that a simple
wrapper for the Dm functions would do the job, although I haven't
investigated.

Has anyone that's taken this step got an opinion on whether it
can be implemented as a wrapper lib without code changes?

Chris Tutty