Originally I wrote:

Hey dev-forum,

I have custom launch that occurs when the user presses one of the vchr
keys and it opens up a new form and then does some screen copying but
then when I think I return back to the original state nothing works.
By nothing works, I mean I can't click on anything like icons and all
the other buttons like return to home don't work except the find key,
the vchr's and the hot sync key. Once I click the hotsync or one of
the vchr everything returns back to normal. What I am wondering is
what is the best way to save states or forms. Also I am wondering
about the winsavebits function. Does this function only save the
screen as an image?

Thanks in advanced for anything or nothing,

On 6/16/05, M Qaisieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi Landon  ,
> To save the form status , u can use Prefernces  for the current state before
> exit ..
>
> to control the vchr  u need to handel the keydown event within the program to
> prevent changing the default buttoms , see 5 way navigation example

Ok I have looked through the preferences api and several other
resources but I am so lost. I don't really get how I save the form
status with the preferences function. I would asume that I would use
one of the getpref ones but other than that I don't know what to do.
Sorry but could someone maybe tell me how to do save the form status.

Landon