-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Scott Erickson
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:30 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Bluetooth MAC address

Im trying to access the Bluetooth MAC address as a way to generate a device
ID.  The porblem is that there are two different address.  It returns one
address when bluetooth is on, and a different address when it is off.  This
isnt a big deal, if they are both unique to the device.  First, are these
two address unique to the device?   If the address I am getting when the
bluetooth is off, is NOT unique to the device, can I activate bluetooth from
my app so I can retive the address I am getting when the user turns on
bluetooth?  Or is there a way to tell if the user has bluetooth on or off?

--

Scott Erickson
Software Development Team, FB-4, Inc.