On 2005-06-18, Robert Rhode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We at PalmSource have been following the recent discussions regarding
> the PODS 1.2.1.02 update.  We're aware of a couple of significant bugs,
> and want to communicate to you our position on it before the flames get
> too hot.
>
> We regret that the update got out the door with any bugs.  However, as
> has been previously noted in the Forum, the 1.2.1.02 update is a
> technology preview, and in order to install it you have to agree to a
> "prototype license agreement" that explains the prerelease nature of the
> software and asks you in good faith to test it and report bugs back to
> PalmSource.  This is the only way we can give you early access to
> improvements in advance of major releases.  In light of this, I think
> it's a bit unfair to blame us for the unfinished quality of the preview.

Just a few remarks. In the Eclipse Manage Configuration dialogs this
update never showed up in the Technical Preview category, but as a normal
available update. The info text only said "This replaces the complete
PODS feature" or something similar. I believe you need to change your
packaging process, so the nature of the update (preview, which
features/plug-ins have changed, etc.) are directly presented in the
eclipse update dialogs. Now it was far too obscure and hence the
confusion. I personally never saw the "prototype license agreement"
but assumed it was the normal PODS license agreement.

I could revert back to the previous resource editor, but lost my Cygwin
environment variables and mount points in the process (have an own Cygwin
installation and used Custom install). But I know you are already aware
of these Cygwin issues.