I need to record a bit of sound for a project but the docs on recording
sound are a bit sparse.

I make this call...

err = SndStreamCreate(&stream, sndInput, 8000,
                sndInt8, sndMono,       StreamCreateCallback,
                &myData, 0, false);

Using CW 9.3 on T|C simulator as well as T|C device.  Audio is enabled and I
can play back sounds.

SndStreamCreate always returns errNone immediately yet my callback is never
called to fill any buffers.  Both simulator and device.  I just need to
record a few seconds of audio and it should fit inside 32K.  It can even be
done synchronously.

Anyone have a code snippet to share or a bit of insight?

Thanks