Benjamin Bloomfield schrieb:
> What's the best way to figure out what is causing an invalid chunk ptr?
>
> It happens immediately after my application exits, if a certain block of
> code of my application was executed.
>
> However, this code block works fine by itself in a test application.
>
> I'd be glad to hear from anybody with some ideas on how to troubleshoot
> this.
>
> -Ben

Oh Boy,

that's difficult. I also did that the last days. Is see no automated way
to do this. The Emulators wrote a log-file for unfreed chunks but the
simulators dont do that anymore. All you can do is check every
memory-operation.

The reason could be an already freed chuck you want to free again. Or a
pointer that is overwritten with garbage.

A very odd problem I found yesterday was my stack simply being too
small. The application also crashed at exit and always overwrote some
structures at different positions. I increased the stack and all crashes
were gone.

Regards,

Thomas