At 03:15 AM 11/29/2006, you wrote:
>Subject: Custom app for remoting into a pc using WiFi
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:44:05 -0000
>
>I'm not very familiar with the modern Palm OS or hardware.  However,
>I'm interested in using a PDA to remote into a PC using WiFi
>technology.  I've got an idea for an application that must be able
>to query the file structure on a PC, list the results, and allow the
>PDA user to select a file to execute (thereby shelling a command to
>the PC ).  Although I could foresee this being useful across
>different operating systems, I am initially concerned with remoting
>into a PC running a flavor of Linux.

1)  Do some sockets-level programming, with two programs that talk to
each other, one on the PC and one on the Palm OS device.  Same
technique will work on Linux.

2) Use FTP, and craft an FTP client for PalmOS

3) For Linux,  send terminal commands from the Palm OS.

Roger Stringer
Marietta Systems, Inc. (www.rf-tp.com)