Hi

No errors were emitted at the end of "cave resolve chromium".
It's just that chromium fails to build without dev-libs/libusb-1.0.9.

My point was that if chromium has virtual/libusb dependency and I have libusb-1.0.8 installed then I would assume "cave resolve chromium" (without --lazy) should emerge libusb-1.0.9 before chromium. But it does not.

That was my concern.
Either this is a bug or a feature :)

16.03.2013, 00:01, "Eduardo Suarez-Santana" <edua...@suarezsantana.com>:
I would have a look for errors at the end of 'cave resolve'. Have also a look at the dependencies of the virtual packages with 'cave show -c'.

For libusb-1, in my case the dependency is against libusb-1.0.9 (shown pink, the others in red).

    Run dependencies
                              || (
                                  >=dev-libs/libusbx-1.0.13:1
                                  >=dev-libs/libusb-1.0.9:1
                                  >=sys-freebsd/freebsd-lib-9.1_rc3-r1[usb]
                              )

You may try to change the dependency with the -F modifier in cave resolve.

Good luck