On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:03:30 +0400
denisgolovan <denisgolo...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> >    -i , --include
> >        Treat all distfiles from IDs in the specified repository as
> >        used. May be specified multiple times. Typically this is used
> >        for binary repositories, to avoid treating non-installed
> > binary distfiles as unused.
> >

> Hm. I read it like "use to non-installed packages".
> Why it should be used for installed ones?

It's down to how we track where an ID is fetched from. Once an ID is
installed, fetches_key comes from the VDB / exndbam entry from the
original package, not the binary. We mostly do this to avoid presenting
strange metadata.

Possibly there should be a second key there tracking binary downloads
that's also considered for 'used' distfiles.

--
Ciaran McCreesh