On Wed, 17 May 2017 at 14:34 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Ah, it would be fairly easy to add a level between if-same and
> if-same-metadata for --keep to do that.
>
> The UI should probably be a bit explicit when it's doing that. But it
> should probably also be a bit more explicit over if-same-metadata.

I thought so too and found get_sameness.cc where i believe the metadata
comparison can be implemented. But for now the installed (at least VDB)
repository does not track the GENERATED_TIME field and I'm not quite sure
how to tackle this.

Anyway, taking a step back, any thoughts on the general approach: store the
generated time data in the installed repository and provide an additional
resolve option as you mentioned?

Also I'm not quite sure how this effects other repository formats.

Thanks
Hubert