On 31/12/10 12:51, Rodolphe Rocca wrote:
On 12/31/2010 08:59 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:41:20 +0100
Rodolphe Rocca<maitrech...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Each time an archive integrity is checked, the resume file is written.
No, it's written after a successful fetch.

Is everything written to the resume file really meaningful
resume information ?
Yes.

The paludis client is many times faster here.
The Paludis client doesn't store continue-on-failure information in
there, which means it gets things wrong later on.

Thank you for your answer Ciaran. Correctness is better than quick-and-dirtiness, I agree.

Off course every user would appreciate things to go a little bit faster if possible here :-)

Moreover If I CTRL-C, the resume file gets corrupted.
Isn't there a signal handler catching this signal and waiting for the
resume-file being completely written before exiting gracefully ?
No.

Is it a design choice or a question of priority ?

NB: The reason why I want to do a CTRL-C here is that the
installation is stuck at etqw-data waiting for my action to input a
data dvd, but it fails to find it. So I want to modify the resume
file by hand to remove etqw-data. Do you see any better way to handle
this kind of situation ?
You can't edit resume files.

Any advice on how to handle this situation ?
Because at this time I don't know how to rebuild my system with cave without uninstalling a few packages like etqw-data...

You can try to exclude etqw-data from the list, I guess there is no point to reinstall it anyway. Look at the cave-resolve (1) man page, i.e. --without. Note, that the package to specify is not necessarily etqw-data, but the package that pulls it in (no idea which one that is, since I don't use Gentoo).