On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 12:34:16 -0000 (UTC), Duncan wrote:

> I'd guess that the feature may be a stub, either not enabled in my build
> due to turning off whatever build-time option enables it, or perhaps
> it's left-over experimental code for a feature that the would-be-feature
> author never got to work as they liked, left there as a
> place-holder-reminder that never got removed when their interest in it
> died.

Could be.  I vaguely remember there being discussion back when Charles was
leading the project about it, but that's been a number of years ago now
(probably close to 10?).

> As an alternative, you already mentioned the claws (claws-mail) html-
> stripping feature, and claws does have a news mode as well.  I'm not
> particularly impressed by claws' news mode in general (tho claws is my
> preferred for mail and feeds), but for single-shot individual html
> messages, it might be worthwhile to try, at least.

Ultimately, I think the individual who's sending needs to disable HTML in
their gmail setup when sending messages to those lists (I access them, as
I do this one, through gmane).  The list is supposed to be HTML-free.

--
 Jim Henderson