dchmelik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w posted on Tue, 2 Jan 2024 19:30:38 -0800
as excerpted:

> Keep getting message 'received no password from libsecret for server
> gmane.io' and always (even after restarting) takes several mintues for
> the box to go away after I press close/x... but there is no Gmane
> password!

So I have the gnome-keyring/libsecret stuff turned off in my build and I'm
not sure if that affects the UI, but assuming it's similar/identical and
only the backend is different...

Try edit > edit news servers > gmane.io > edit.

Here, I see a Login section with username and password entries.  Both are
blank for my gmane.io entry, and I'm not seeing any such errors.  I'm
wondering if you somehow got something set for user and now it's wanting a
password too, in which case delete anything in either box and see if that
helps.

If that doesn't help, hopefully DD can help you further with the gnome-
keyring/libsecret specific stuff.