I fully agree with your proposed resolution.

Thanks,
Yoshihiro Ohba

Jari Arkko wrote:
The IESG discussed this draft yesterday. There's one issue from Pasi which I think Yoshi has already responded to. Please submit a new draft version to address that.

However, we have a more serious procedural problem. It seems that RFC 5191 says that bit allocation from the PANA header is only possible via Standards Action. This draft requires a bit, and I think the right classification for this draft is Experimental. The IESG would have no problem in allocating the bit for this draft, but it is currently against the approved RFCs from the PANA WG.

I think the right solution to this problem is to write a short draft that updates RFC 5191 IANA considerations to say "... Standards Action or IESG Approval". And yes, I'm kicking myself everytime I realize that there's an RFC somewhere that didn't include the IESG Approval option. We often need it to approve something.

Is the WG OK with this path forward?

Jari