Thanks, Paul. And the Hershey bar and Rolo's tasted great, too!


JoeG


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul McCool <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, Oct 6, 2009 8:15 pm
Subject: [Papermodels II 40298] Re: UPDATE 3 - Pioneer 10 Space Build 1:12















Looks great, Joe.? The foil is definitely 
the killer app for that.


?


Paul M.


?



  
----- Original Message ----- 

  
From: 
  [email protected] 
  

  
To: [email protected] 
  

  
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 9:01 
  AM

  
Subject: [Papermodels II 40296] UPDATE 3 
  - Pioneer 10 Space Build 1:12

  



  
? 
  

  
Moving along to the antenna 
  support and the Asteroid-Meteoroid Detector.

  

I'm glad I decided to use the foil. I almost 
  skipped it but think it brings this alive. Every picture or illustration hows 
  a lightly different arrangement of the silver vs. gold foil so some of it is 
a 
  best guess.

Trimmed out girder and bottom plate. Glued the girder to 
  the plate by "walking" it around the round plate. The plate is double-thick 
  illustration board.

There's an upper plate that a shallow cone attached 
  to. Built those up as directions showed - simple.?
I believe the 
  entire cone of the antenna shoul be one piece, but in this model it's been 
  broken up between the large piece (see post #1) and this smaller cone. When 
  the parts are glued in place, it will?look?like one cone 
  resting on the support. If I'd studied the directions and the pieces longer, 
I 
  might have built this differently but it's no real matter. Built up the top 
  plate and shallow cone, glued rtogether. After that glue dried, I mounted the 
  top plate by fitting it?inside?the ring formed by the girder. 
  This gives it much strength and helps hold the shape.
Before glueing to the 
  Main Bus, I cross-sliced the area to be glued. #1 it's not necessary to glue 
  the entire surface #2 it's harder to get a flat join.

I built the 
  Asteroid-Meteoroid Detector as per the instructions. Inside the supports, I 
  glued in wire pieces for strength. The wire protrudes from the ends of the 
  supports and stick into the Main Bus. Used CA glue to 
  attach.?

Thanks for looking!

  



  
JoeG









 





--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Papermodels II" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/papermodels?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to