Future is like spraying a clear coat. Envirotex is like covering in epoxy. 
 
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:53:22 -0700
> Subject: [Papermodels II 40376] Re: Envirotex resin for hardening cardstock 
> models
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> 
> 
> I've used FUTURE, an acrylic floor wax. I spray it on with a airbrush.
> It does a great job and you can clean up with water and ammonia. I
> wonder what the Envirotex would be like over the Future?
> Ron
> 
> On Oct 9, 2:13 pm, Clif52 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Has anyone read anything about using Envirotex resin for hardening
> > cardstock models? I read an article last weekend on a RPG forum that
> > this particular modeler was building cardstock models of the playing
> > pieces and then dipping or pouring Envirotex resin over the model and
> > letting it drip off the excess. I looked up the material and it is
> > used to pour the tough clear tops for wood tables like you would find
> > in some more rustic restruants. I managed to locate it being sold at
> > Micheals Crafts Store. It is supposed to available in 4oz, 16oz, and
> > 32oz. I found the 16oz for $19.99 and the 32oz for $29.99 and
> > purchased the 16oz last night. I will try a test this weekend to see
> > how hard this is to use and how much of a mess it will make. I have
> > read about using some resins that the cardstock will go transparent
> > and you have to paint the backside/inside of the model white. I guess
> > you could seal the model after it is built and then use the Envirotex
> > over that so you could skip the white paint step. Let me know your
> > thoughts or anything you might know about this type of process.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Clif52
> > 
                                          
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Papermodels II" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/papermodels?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to