-/\/\-----------------------------------------------------------------
 \  /       WHAT JESUS DID!
--\/------------------------------------------------------------------

Search Away from the Truth...

    "But what did he do?" they asked. "How did he heal you?"
    "Look!" the man exclaimed. "I told you once. Didn't you
    listen? Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to
    become his disciples, too?"

                            -- John 9:26-27 (NLT)

KEY THOUGHT:
Sometimes folks make themselves the enemies of the truth because they
don't want to discover it. The interchange between the authorities and
the man who was healed reaches the absurd and almost humorous point.
The authorities interrogate the healed man because they want to find
some discrepancy in his story to discredit Jesus. They don't want the
truth, so the healed man chides them for their repeated questions. This
bitter irony helps us understand that the authorities reject Jesus
because they have decided he is the enemy and so they must re-write the
truth of his grace and power. Unfortunately there are those who do the
same thing with Jesus today. Their evil deeds have alienated them from
the truth. We, however, must love them, pray for their hearts to be
changed, and live as people of character looking for an opportunity to
share the Saviour's grace.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
Father, I have friends who are far from your Kingdom. I know that some
of them have hardened their hearts because they are caught up in sin.
Please use me and my influence to bring them to Jesus. Please be
actively at work in their lives to do all within your will to give them
reasons to re-evaluate their lives and the way they are living. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.