Everything happens for a reason...

There are times in our life when we go through struggles and hardships
that we do not fully understand. It is important that in these times
of difficulty we remain faithful and strong in the Lord and know that
He has a purpose behind that situation. It is easy to get down and
depressed when burdens pile up, but remember God's Word is true and He
is faithful to bring you forth stronger and victorious in the end.
(Ephesians 6:10-13) (Hebrews 10:23)

This is a good story that shows how God has a purpose in everything
that He asks us to do. God will never lay something upon your heart
without a great purpose behind it. I hope this message encourages
your heart to continually trust the Lord and know that He has great
plans for your life even though you might not see it right now.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

THE ANT AND THE CONTACT LENS

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing.
Although she was very scared, she went with her group to a tremendous
granite cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the gear, took a hold
on the rope, and started up the face of that rock.

Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was
hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and
knocked out her contact lens.

Here she is, on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her and
hundreds of feet above her! Of course, she looked and looked and
looked, hoping the lens had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't
there.

Here she was, far from home, her sight now blurry. She was desperate
and began to get upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help her find her
lens.

When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing
for the lens, but there was no contact lens to be found. She sat
down, despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting for the rest of
them to make it up the face of the cliff.

She looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that
verse that reads, “The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the
whole earth.” She thought, “Lord, You can see all these mountains.
You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact
lens is. Please help me.”

Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom. At the bottom,
there was a new party of climbers just starting up the face of the
cliff.  One of them shouted out, “Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a
contact lens?”

That would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it?
An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it on
its back.

Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist and when she told him
the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he
drew a picture of an ant lugging that contact lens with the words,
“Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat
it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do,
I'll carry it for you.”

I think it would probably do some of us good to occasionally say,
“God, I don't know why you want me to carry this load. I can see no
good in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if you want me to carry it, I
will.”

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Author Unknown

People that suffered great hardships in their life learn from that
experience over time and are then able to help someone else that is
going through a similar situation. We might have never known what
compassion really was if we first hadn't suffered with a loss of a
loved one, a failed relationship or just any real problem that caused
tremendous heartbreak. In our sufferings, we learn and grow, and are
then able to understand and have compassion towards someone else going
through a similar situation.

I encourage you to take your strides in life with a purpose and know
that God has great plans for your life. Never think that you are here
on this earth for no reason. God does not make or create anything
without first having a purpose and a plan in mind. If you are going
through hard times, be encouraged and know that sooner or later you
are going to come forth victorious and well-able to understand and be
helping towards someone else having difficult times in their life. I
assure you that in the latter end, the difficult times of life will
bring great spiritual maturity as well as Strengthen your Faith and
dependence on the Lord. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)