What is your attitude?

In this life that we are living, it is very important that we
constantly have the attitude of appreciation. It is very easy for us
to look at our negative circumstances and want to murmur and complain
about how tough life is. God in heaven has promised that when we have
the right attitude, we will overcome and be victorious over any
situation. It is up to us whether we live in victory or in defeat.
The outcome for either equation is dependent upon our attitude in that
particular situation. I encourage you to have a positive, uplifting
and victorious attitude each and everyday that you awake. Never allow
the enemy to discourage your heart. Start each new day giving praises
to God and thanking Him for victories that are ahead of you. You will
see great things take place when you have the right attitude. (Isaiah
1:19-20) (Psalm 118:24) (Hebrews 13:5-6)

This is a good story that shows how attitude has nothing to do with
our comfort level. It is a choice that each of us have; either to be
happy and appreciate our life or be pessimistic and constantly
complain about how tough things are. I hope today\'s message ministers
to your heart and encourages you to have a positive and right attitude
of appreciation in your everyday life.

THE RIGHT ATTITUDE

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud mother-in-law of my
best friend, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o\'clock, with
her hair fashionably coifed and makeup perfectly applied, even though
she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today. Her husband of 70
years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

Maurine Jones is the most lovely, gracious, dignified woman that I
have ever had the pleasure of meeting. While I have never aspired to
attain her depth of wisdom, I do pray that I will learn from her vast
experience.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing
home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she
maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description
of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on
her window.

“I love it,” she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old
having just been presented with a new puppy. “Mrs. Jones, you haven\'t
seen the room...just wait.” “That doesn\'t have anything to do with
it,” she replied. “Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time.
Whether I like my room or not doesn\'t depend on how the furniture is
arranged...it\'s how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love
it...”

She went on to say, “It\'s a decision I make every morning when I wake
up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the
difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or
get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a
gift, and as long as my eyes open, I\'ll focus on the new day and all
the happy memories I\'ve stored away...just for this time in my life.
Old age is like a bank account...you withdraw from what you\'ve put
in...So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in
the bank account of memories, so when you go over it a second time,
you can enjoy it again.”

Author Unknown

If life has been hard on you lately, don\'t allow yourself to give in
to thoughts of quitting or complaining. We are children of God and
must stand firm in times of adversity. We need to remember the Lord
is our helper in times of trouble. All we need to do is look to Him
so that our strength may be renewed. I encourage you to have a
positive attitude and know that God is with you always no matter how
hard the enemy may be fighting you. We need to always stand strong in
the midst of the enemy\'s attacks and show the integrity of our
inner-being and the strength that is received from God above for not
giving up. Be encouraged in the Lord and never allow yourself to get
sour and not enjoy your life. Take one day at a time and give
yourself a fresh perspective of the beauties all around you.
(Ephesians 6:13-14) (Psalm 103:1-5) (1 Samuel 30:6)

I truly believe when we take time to enjoy the simple things, our
problems seem to dissipate and not look all that bad. As you go on
with your days, I encourage you to slow down and enjoy the simple
things that we sometimes take for granted and tend to not appreciate.
You will be doing what God commands of us; which is not to worry, but
rather trust that God is still in control and has the answers of our
hearts cry. (Matthew 6:25-34) (Psalm 86:5-7)