On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 12:38 PM, Meli Massimiliano
<massimiliano.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The error messages that sometimes block the production of the output is:
>
> parallel: Warning: Semaphore stuck for 30 seconds. Consider using
> --semaphoretimeout.
>
> i think that the problem come from the hidden directory in the shared
> home of the cluster:
>
> .parallel
>
> the is any way to move this directory in a different position?

The semaphores are in: ~/.parallel/semaphores so you can symlink that
to somewhere else.

Or you can do:

  export XDG_CACHE_HOME=/somedir/with/write/access
  mkdir $XDG_CACHE_HOME/parallel

This should create semaphores in $XDG_CACHE_HOME/parallel (but it is
not tested very well).

I would, however, prefer if we can find the root cause and fix it. But
if you only see this sometimes it will make it harder. How is the home
shared? I recall doing a fix for NFS a year ago or so, so if you are
not running newest version, then try upgrading.

/Ole