Hi,

I am very new to Parallel, Linux, and computing in general but I need to
use it for my Masters Thesis, so I am doing my best to learn quickly.

For my project, I am running a simulation using GATE, and I have a shell
script to run the simulation for each of four different projection angles.
I want to run each projection angle simulation on a different core, to
speed things along and use the computer memory efficiently. I tried to do
this by pulling projAngles out of my script and calling it as a parallel
argument.
parallel runSim.sh --projAngles {1} ::: 0 45 90 135

This seemed to work, in that it started my runSim.sh, but it didn't use the
value from projAngles within the script,
time=$(bc -l <<< "$projAngles*$timePerProjection")

Is there a way in the script or in parallel to insert the particular
projAngles value for that run, and use it to calculate the next step?

Cheers,
Miriam