On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 8:23 PM Gregor Kaczor <gkac...@gmx.de> wrote:

> If I delete ~/.parallel/tmp/sshlogin/ and try again I get parallel: Error:
> Command line too long (132116 >= 63543) at input 0: curl -K
> hostcheckconfig_http2.txt "https://www.lib…

Great. So we know it is due to line length and not some new bug.

> I require long line lengths to effectively perform multiple HEAD requests
> using a single connection over HTTP/2 with curl.

Technically the limit is in execve(1) which IPC::open3 uses.

This limitation is not if the input is to bash is a script. Maybe you can:

generate_commands | parallel --pipe --cat -L1 bash {}

I have tested with 100 MB long command lines and that works.

/Ole