Hello,

Is there a way to convince Paramiko to start its background thread as a
daemon thread, so that it does not prevent the interpreter from
terminating?

I am facing the problem that my program does not terminate when
there is an uncaught exception, because the Paramiko background thread
is still running.

The only alternative seems to be to wrap the entire program into a try
.. finally clause. However, this is rather inelegant because I'm using
Paramiko as only one of several possible network backends and I would
like to make the frontend independent of the used backend.

Best,

   -Nikolaus