james bardin <jbar...@bu.edu> writes:

> Yes. Though you may have a use case, there's no performance benefit,
> as the client can only handle one operation at a time.

I am mostly concerned about reducing the network latency. Suppose I want
to create 100 1-bit files, then I hope that it is going to be faster to
send 100 requests at once from 100 threads rather than having one thread
that works through the files sequentially. That should still work even
with a single threaded client, right?

>>> Why use SFTPClient? Its performance might not be very good plus
>>> compatibility issues with some SSH servers might crop up. I know I had
>>> compatibility issues even with some pretty standard SSH servers on some
>>> platforms (esp. Solaris).
>>>

> There are throughput performance issues with older ssh servers that
> don't support prefetch and pipelining.

Ah, so the problem is with the server and not with the SFTPClient class?
My servers are given and only speak SFTP, so I am to live with them in
any case.

Best,

   -Nikolaus