Hi all,

Testing the netCDF reader with "spherical coordinates" set, I get
a vtkStructured Grid incomplete. There is no circular topology.
I was expecting a complete sphere where points from first column would be
connected to points from last column in the vtkStructuredGrid created.

Is there a way to do this from an existing filter or from
the python programmable filter ?
Or better could the netCDF reader be corrected (VTK/IO/vtkNetCDFCOARDSReader.cxx) ?

By the past, I have installed and used the external plugin CSCSnetCDF reader
from John Biddiscombe of the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre.
I was quite happy with it.
Today, I discover that paraview binairies are distributed with the netCDFCOARDS reader with some features I don't like. For example, that fact that the vtk structure created are different following the netCDF grid topology (regular spacing or not, spherical coordinates or not).

I think it would be attractive for all the General Circulation Model (GCM)/ /community to provide a netCDF reader, closer to the CF (Climate and Forecast netCDF convention) widely adopted. This reader would create for example a same vtkPolydata structure whatever the netCDF grid read as in the vtk application described from http://www.prism.enes.org/Publications/Reports/Report19.pdf

Is there any interest to develop this netCDFCF reader among offcial dev team ?

Thanks
Patrick