> I have PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON to OFF (the default it seems as I didn't
> touch it) and get this compile error with PV 3.8rc1:

Paul, you are correct, the plugin should not be built if
PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON is OFF. Dave, can we make sure that the plugin
in OFF if PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON is OFF? One reliable way would be to
simply add and IF(PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON) block around the entire
CMakeLists.txt in Plugins/pvblot.

> Oh, and is posting to this list the preferred way to give feedback on
> release candidates or would paraview-developers and/or mantis be a
> better place?

Posting to mailing list works just fine -- either developers or users.

Utkarsh