Hi again,

For this dataset I've managed to hack a solution by making sure that
the initial nifti file was oriented in the direction assumed by the
vtk structured grid. This doesn't deal with direction cosines, but
they aren't significant in this case. I guess the long term solution
is to translate the direction cosines into an orientation that can be
entered into paraviews transformation.

I am still stuck with how to colour lines according to direction though.

Thanks

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Richard Beare <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have some image data that I'd like to volume render. It starts out
> as a nifti file and I can view it in paraview after conversion to a
> vtk structured grid (using the ITK ConvertBetweenFileFormats tool). I
> also have some line data (DTI tracts) that I have converted to
> ploydata lines. I can view these (but there is a question about that
> later). My problem is that the coordinate systems for the two do not
> match up. I also have a converter that transforms the image to
> polydata, by using the world coordinates for each pixel. This seems to
> match up nicely with the DTI tracts, but of course I can't view this
> with the volume renderer. The problem seems to be that the x and y
> axes in the structured data seem to be wrong (flipped). Any
> suggestions on how to convert images for viewing by paraview and
> keeping track of world coordinates?
>
> Also, I'd like to be able to colour my lines by orientation. I can't
> figure out how to do this. Is it necessary to include local difference
> information in the polydata file, or can I get paraview to compute
> this for me for each edge?
>
> Thanks
>
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at 
http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at: 
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview

Reply via email to