That binary is 64 bit only. Depending on your hardware/how you installed
snow leopard can cause your snow leopard installation to be 32bit only. For
example if you had upgraded from a 32 bit leopard install (I've seen this
case a number of times). To get your snow leopard 64 bit you have to clean
install (use disk utilities and reformat your disk).

Anyway, I can generate a 32 bit 3.10.1 mac binary without too much effort
but I may not get to it for a few days, unless the 3.8 verion does
everything you need?