Hi, Paw,

I believe the problem is that you are mixing calls for scalars and vectors…

For scalars you want to use SetNumberOfValues()/SetValue():

    vtkIntArray* temperature = vtkIntArray::New();
    temperature->SetName("Temperature");
    temperature->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
    temperature->SetNumberOfValues(nx*ny*nz);
    for(int i=0;i<mesh.nn;i++){
       temperature->SetValue(i,10); // set everything to 10
    }
   rgrid->GetPointData()->AddArray(temperature);

For vectors you want to use SetNumberOfTuples()/SetTuple3() (assuming
SetNumberOfComponents(3)):

    vtkFloatArray* velocity = vtkFloatArray::New();
    velocity->SetName("Velocity");
    velocity->SetNumberOfComponents(3);
    velocity->SetNumberOfTuples(nx*ny*nz);
    for(int i=0;i<mesh.nn;i++){
       velocity->SetTuple3(i,10, 10, 10); // set everything to 10
    }
   rgrid->GetPointData()->AddArray(velocity);

I also tend to use GetPointData()->AddArray() rather than
SetScalars()/SetVectors(), which has caused me trouble if I have more than one
scalar/vector.
I don't know if that is necessarily the best practice, but it has worked well
for me.

Hope that helps,
joe.