Great site, thanks for sharing that!

On 04/03/2013 01:38 PM, Taylor, Erin M. wrote:
This website was useful for me to figure out how to create a sphere source without the faulty texture application:
http://www.earthmodels.org/data-and-tools/topography/paraview-topography-by-texture-mapping

Erin

From: Hom Nath Gharti <hng.em...@gmail.com <mailto:hng.em...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:34 PM
To: Burlen Loring <blor...@lbl.gov <mailto:blor...@lbl.gov>>
Cc: ParaView <paraview@paraview.org <mailto:paraview@paraview.org>>
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Where is "Apply Texture" located in ParaView 3.98.1?

That's perfect! It was there down the list. Thanks so much.

Hom Nath

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Burlen Loring <blor...@lbl.gov <mailto:blor...@lbl.gov>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I recently struggled with that too, and finally after some
    experimentation found out one way. Seems that the feature is now
    enabled by some filters. Best to illustrate by example:

    Create a Sphere Source
    Apply Texture Map To Sphere Filter
    In the Properties Panel there is a Texture Field, select "load..."
    from its drop down.

    That should get you a textured sphere, and hopefully you can
    bootstrap to your desired use case.

    Unfortunately in my case data is large and I need to run in
    parallel and the texture was not applied correctly. Hopefully you
    have small data and run PV in serial if you need that feature.

    Burlen